Our MACE student Nika Turkovic (MACE16-17) has teamed up with the Croatian electronic duo Prohibited for their new “Show You Love” single, released on Aquarius Records, one of the leading Croatian record labels.
Photo courtesy of Nika Turkovic
Prohibited feat. Nika Turković – Show You Love (p) & (c) Aquarius Records, 2018 – listen to the single below.
Nika recently also appeared on HRT A-Strana, a prime time Croatian TV music programme featuring Croatian most established artists alongside the most promising new talent.
Nika is also one of the resident artists at Johann Franck, one of the most visited and popular lounge bars and nightclubs in the Croatian capital city Zagreb. Johann Franck is famous for its rich nightlife programs with various DJ and band performances.
Photo courtesy of Nika Turkovic
Find & follow Nika on
Go go go Nika!
Last week was an intense week of learning and teaching with the Final Dragons’ Den, the Young Enterprise Pitching Competition and finally the Eden Walk Shopping Centre Trade Fair! Our teams have survived the Den, have pitched in front of 12 Judges, and have eventually braved the elements – enduring freezing temperatures and selling under the snow in Eden Walk.
So who’s the winner? Or who are the winners? It’s now time for our teams to bring their products (or services) to Penrhyn Road for a final Trade Fair, and to celebrate their Enterprises at the Awards Ceremony. Do not miss this big event! Just have a look at the programme for the today.
As we are getting ready for Celebrate Enterprise, here’s some pics from last week.
Team One Minute
Team Global Song
Eden Walk Shopping Centre Trade Fair:
Yes – It was cold! But the Shopping Centre was busy and our teams made fantastic sales. Well done!
And here’s some tweets from the day:
There is a first time for everything and for us, this is the first time we are working on D&AD New Blood briefs for a MACE module. Yesterday was the D&AD deadline for those who wanted to officially submit for the Awards. Best (or worst) of all, this deadline comes only a few days after our Dragons’ Den deadline.
In no particular order:
- Rebecca submitted for the adidas service innovation brief*.
- Celine submitted for the John Lewis future of retail brief*.
- Dennis submitted for the Hasbro board game innovation brief*.
- Apeksha submitted for the Dropbox Paper design to make a difference brief*.
- Riddhima and Hyunmi submitted for the JCDecaux #LondonIsOpen brief*.
- Mariana submitted for the BBC tech-inspired experience innovation brief*.
- Whan submitted for the Hellman’s sustainability and food waste brief*.
- As a bonus – Stephi Batliner #MACE16 submitted an iteration of her MACE16 Personal Research Project for the Adobe Side Hustle brief*.
Well done on all of your hard work and for keeping the growth mindset alive. 💪💪💪
With many thanks to Celina Schlieckmann and Stephi Batliner for their support and mentoring! 💜
*All briefs can be viewed on the D&AD site https://www.dandad.org/en/d-ad-new-blood-awards/
Good luck to all teams for tomorrow’s Final Dragons Den!
FRIDAY, 16 March 2018, Kingston Business School
14:30 – 17:30 TEAM PRESENTATIONS
18:00 – 19:30 PITCHING COMPETITION
You will deliver your team presentation in your assigned slot (see Canvas); and you will then attend the pitching competition (18.00-19.30).
- The presentation is part of your group assignment (see module handbook for details).
- You will have 6 mins. for your presentation + 10 mins. to answer questions from the Judges.
- You only need to attend your presentation slot (see Canvas).
- Send me your presentation BY 10:00 AM on Friday 16 March. All presentations will be loaded from USB sticks that I give to the Judges. This will enable us to stay on schedule, and to avoid technical problems.
- Bring a back-up copy on a USB stick with you. You will be able to use it if something goes wrong with the copy given to the Judges.
- By now you should have submitted your business report in Canvas!
- Bring a printed copy of your business reports (in color, bound or stapled) to give to the Judges just before your presentation (1 report per team).
If selected for the pitching competition, your team will deliver a 2-minutes elevator pitch in front of everybody, and answer 2 questions from the Judges (check all details in Canvas).
Our Mock Dragons’ Den took place yesterday. As many times before, it was inspiring to listen and watch people of tomorrow – you – fight to learn and then witness how they grow through that fight. I trust the experience and the feedback was useful for you to improve and polish up for the real event next Friday.
Congratulations to you all on still fighting to learn and grow, even though you are all very tired now. If you need us, we are all here… Keep fighting, keep growing, and believe in yourself – “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.”
Taking shameless inspiration from the Oscars, I also have two words to leave with you: TRUE GRIT.