Kingston University Young Enterprise Trade Fair
Kingston Business School Atrium
Thursday 28 January
And the fun starts now:
On Thursday next week, 28 January, you will be presenting your products to the public for the first time. The purpose of the trade fair – beyond the obvious – is to prepare you and build your confidence for the Kingston Market Square Trade Fair in March.
This trade fair is COMPULSORY for ALL students – 26 teams (undergraduate + postgraduate) will be participating in the trade fair.
On the day, I will collect £10 from each team. The money will go towards cash prizes, awarded in 4 categories:
1 Best Product – £60 prize
2 Best Sales Team – £60 prize
3 Best Trade Stand – £60 prize
4 Best Overall Company – £80 prize
It will be a fun day with lots of learning to take on board, so make sure you prepare:
- Have you got your product ready? Packaging (if applicable)? How will your customers take your product away? Have you made a team trip to assess and consider the implications of the venue?
- Promote, promote, promote – what will you do between now and next week to let everyone know there is a trade fair going on? Where will you promote? How? To whom? Promoting your own business? Promoting the trade fair? Consider how MACE team effort could benefit you all. If you don’t promote – who will you sell to on the day?
- Talk with mentors! Use their knowledge and experience…
- How much is your product? Bring plenty of change… and a money box too. Who will look after the money? Make sure you are recording your sales and keeping your books in order. I will be recording your sales week by week – and the winning team will be announced just before the March Dragons’ Den.
- On the day, be there on time – 10AM – as you need to set up. If you’re late and not already trading when our judges start their rounds, you are sabotaging yourself.
- Don’t forget to be plain awesome and smile.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
10:00 sharp Arrival, set up
10:30 Start selling
11:00 Judges start judging
13:30 – 13:45 Judges announce winners: Best Product (£60), Best Stand (£60), Best Sales Team (£60), Best Company (£80)
13:45 Clear up
Alternatively, you are welcome to stay to trade until 16:30.
Any questions? Please post them under this post as comments so that the whole class can learn from them. There’s no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away!