Rumour has it – you faced your dragons and survived.
We are incredibly proud of all of you for stepping up to the challenge. Thank you for all of your hard work, commitment, and for trusting us throughout the journey.
Most importantly though, thank you for supporting each other – your cheers and expressions of support and love for each other were a joy. You are all absolutely fantastic humans.
What you do with your business from here onwards is yours to decide and this needs to be decided through a serious conversation with your team. Will you keep going or are you glad that ‘the assignment’ is over?
There are quite a few excellent teams and products/businesses with potential – do you know who you are and can you recognise the opportunity?
What you know now is that it is going to take hard work to take your business to the next level. Success is not accidental.
No matter what you decide, you will have to be brave – no one is going to do it for you and instead of you. Thank you, Nika, for the candid post.
No matter what you decide, you still need to sell off your remaining stock and collect the awards. Celebrate Enterprise, here we come!
Here is the info for the day:
Thursday 23 March 2017
12:00 Arrival and set up KUSU social space at PR campus
- Each team will be provided with 2 small square tables
12:30 – 16:45 Start-up trade fair
16:45 – 17:15 Teams move to the awards ceremony room PRJG4002 to set up for the showcase
- Each team will be provided with 1 small square table
- Please note that KUSCO will be setting up the room from 4 p.m.
17:30 – 18:30 Awards ceremony
18:30 Drinks reception
I’ll meet you on Thursday at 12:00 in KUSU Social Space at PR campus!
See you all there!
Congratulations Irene Canuti and Josue Vivas Hernandez for making it into this year’s top ten for the Mayor of London’s Entrepreneur competition with the multi-materials extruder for direct 3D printing!
Irene is a MACE graduate and both Irene and Josue have been making time for you as your mentors this year – please join me on Monday 20 March 11:30 – 17:00 to help cheer and support them! You’ll perhaps get some ideas for your own entries next year!
Book your ticket for the final of the Mayor’s Entrepreneur Competition to support Irene and Josue:
Monday 20th March, 11:30 – 17:00, London City Hall
FRIDAY, 17 March 2017, Kingston Business School
15:00 – 18:00 TEAM PRESENTATIONS
18:00 – 19:00 PITCHING COMPETITION
Your job this week is to use all the feedback you received last week in your Mock Dragons’ Den to improve your presentations – just like you’ve been improving your products the whole year.
The most important feedback from judges last week was – IMPROVE HOW YOU SPEAK OF YOUR BUSINESS AMBITIONS and CONSIDER THE FUTURE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
When it comes to selecting a team for the National Start-up Final, the judges will be looking for a forward-looking team with energy, ambition and a believable plan for the future to represent Kingston University at the national level of competition.
- You will have 6 min for your presentation + 10 min to answer questions from judges
- You only need to attend your presentation slot
ALL presentation will be accessed from USB sticks we prepare and hand in to judges. This is to keep us on schedule, and to avoid logging in/out and tech problems.
- ALL teams must send me a Dropbox link to their presentation BY 10AM on THURSDAY 16 March. This will be your final version, and no changes can be made on Friday. This is to ensure you get your beauty sleep.
- Nevertheless, bring a backup copy on a stick with you. You will only be able to use it if something goes wrong with the copy given to judges.
- DIGITAL COPY – via TurnitIn/StudySpace, BY 23:59 on Tuesday 14 March
- PRINTED COPY (colour, bound) – HAND IN TO JUDGES before presentation on Friday 17 March
* 1 submission per team
ALL teams have TWO time slots they must attend:
|DRAGONS’ DEN 17 MARCH 2017
SCHEDULE OF TEAM PRESENTATIONS
|15:00||Arrival for the 1st team in each room|
|15:40||Catchy Start-up||Arabisc||Infinity Group||4 Seekers||Bright Light|
|16:55||Neutral||The Imparables||Shark||Hugh Manatee||Start Me Up|
|17:20||Bluegreen Bracelets||Z Company||5 Volts|
18:00 PITCHING COMPETITION
2 min elevator pitch + 2 questions 1 min each
- The second time slot for ALL teams is 18:00 in Room 0026 (lecture theatre, ground floor). This second session is for the Young Enterprise competition, where judges will nominate teams to go into the final pitching round. You will find out who is selected at 18:00 in Room 0026 – if you are not there, you miss your opportunity. If selected for the Pitching Competition, your team will need to deliver your 2 minute elevator pitch in front of all the judges and answer 2 questions from judges. By 19:00, the judges will choose 1 team to represent Kingston University at the Young Enterprise National Start-up Final. The winning team will be announced at the Celebrate Enterprise event on 23 March.
We have booked extra rooms for you where you can practice before your presentation:
- KHFL0014 for undergraduate teams (available 14:00 – 18:00)
- KHBS1002 for postgraduate teams (available 14:00 – 18:00)
You can use KHBS0027 after you have finished your presentation, while you wait for the Pitching Competition (available 15:00 – 18:00).
Practice and prepare! …and make sure you are in the right room at the right time! 🙂