FRIDAY, 17 March 2017, Kingston Business School
15:00 – 18:00 TEAM PRESENTATIONS
18:00 – 19:00 PITCHING COMPETITION
Your job this week is to use all the feedback you received last week in your Mock Dragons’ Den to improve your presentations – just like you’ve been improving your products the whole year.
The most important feedback from judges last week was – IMPROVE HOW YOU SPEAK OF YOUR BUSINESS AMBITIONS and CONSIDER THE FUTURE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
When it comes to selecting a team for the National Start-up Final, the judges will be looking for a forward-looking team with energy, ambition and a believable plan for the future to represent Kingston University at the national level of competition.
- You will have 6 min for your presentation + 10 min to answer questions from judges
- You only need to attend your presentation slot
ALL presentation will be accessed from USB sticks we prepare and hand in to judges. This is to keep us on schedule, and to avoid logging in/out and tech problems.
- ALL teams must send me a Dropbox link to their presentation BY 10AM on THURSDAY 16 March. This will be your final version, and no changes can be made on Friday. This is to ensure you get your beauty sleep.
- Nevertheless, bring a backup copy on a stick with you. You will only be able to use it if something goes wrong with the copy given to judges.
- DIGITAL COPY – via TurnitIn/StudySpace, BY 23:59 on Tuesday 14 March
- PRINTED COPY (colour, bound) – HAND IN TO JUDGES before presentation on Friday 17 March
* 1 submission per team
ALL teams have TWO time slots they must attend:
|DRAGONS’ DEN 17 MARCH 2017
SCHEDULE OF TEAM PRESENTATIONS
|15:00||Arrival for the 1st team in each room|
|15:40||Catchy Start-up||Arabisc||Infinity Group||4 Seekers||Bright Light|
|16:55||Neutral||The Imparables||Shark||Hugh Manatee||Start Me Up|
|17:20||Bluegreen Bracelets||Z Company||5 Volts|
18:00 PITCHING COMPETITION
2 min elevator pitch + 2 questions 1 min each
- The second time slot for ALL teams is 18:00 in Room 0026 (lecture theatre, ground floor). This second session is for the Young Enterprise competition, where judges will nominate teams to go into the final pitching round. You will find out who is selected at 18:00 in Room 0026 – if you are not there, you miss your opportunity. If selected for the Pitching Competition, your team will need to deliver your 2 minute elevator pitch in front of all the judges and answer 2 questions from judges. By 19:00, the judges will choose 1 team to represent Kingston University at the Young Enterprise National Start-up Final. The winning team will be announced at the Celebrate Enterprise event on 23 March.
We have booked extra rooms for you where you can practice before your presentation:
- KHFL0014 for undergraduate teams (available 14:00 – 18:00)
- KHBS1002 for postgraduate teams (available 14:00 – 18:00)
You can use KHBS0027 after you have finished your presentation, while you wait for the Pitching Competition (available 15:00 – 18:00).
Practice and prepare! …and make sure you are in the right room at the right time! 🙂