Good luck to all teams for tomorrow’s Final Dragons Den!
FRIDAY, 16 March 2018, Kingston Business School
14:30 – 17:30 TEAM PRESENTATIONS
18:00 – 19:30 PITCHING COMPETITION
You will deliver your team presentation in your assigned slot (see Canvas); and you will then attend the pitching competition (18.00-19.30).
- The presentation is part of your group assignment (see module handbook for details).
- You will have 6 mins. for your presentation + 10 mins. to answer questions from the Judges.
- You only need to attend your presentation slot (see Canvas).
- Send me your presentation BY 10:00 AM on Friday 16 March. All presentations will be loaded from USB sticks that I give to the Judges. This will enable us to stay on schedule, and to avoid technical problems.
- Bring a back-up copy on a USB stick with you. You will be able to use it if something goes wrong with the copy given to the Judges.
- By now you should have submitted your business report in Canvas!
- Bring a printed copy of your business reports (in color, bound or stapled) to give to the Judges just before your presentation (1 report per team).
If selected for the pitching competition, your team will deliver a 2-minutes elevator pitch in front of everybody, and answer 2 questions from the Judges (check all details in Canvas).
Our Mock Dragons’ Den took place yesterday. As many times before, it was inspiring to listen and watch people of tomorrow – you – fight to learn and then witness how they grow through that fight. I trust the experience and the feedback was useful for you to improve and polish up for the real event next Friday.
Congratulations to you all on still fighting to learn and grow, even though you are all very tired now. If you need us, we are all here… Keep fighting, keep growing, and believe in yourself – “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.”
Taking shameless inspiration from the Oscars, I also have two words to leave with you: TRUE GRIT.
On 9 March, you will receive feedback on your presentations. This will help you in preparation for the Final Dragons’ Den. Attendance to the Mock and Final Dragons’ Den is compulsory.
- Each team will have 6 minutes for their presentation + 10 minutes for questions and feedback from judges. You will be stopped if you go over 6 minutes.
- Please bring your presentation on a USB stick and send a copy to me no later than Friday 9 March at 12:00 noon (for back-up purposes).
- Remember to also submit your business report on Canvas before the deadline (see Canvas for details).
Here’s the plan for the day. You will attend all presentations.
14:30 : One Minute
14:55 : Global Song
15:20 : Yobbafic
15:45 : Quintet
16:10 : Hi-Phive
16:35 : Eatome
17:00 : Pukka Pooch
Engage with the documents discussed in class. These are available also in Canvas, in the Unit Page ‘Pitching & Dragons’ Den’.
Be positive and engaging. Do not argue with the judges.
Use slides to show only images. Do not exceed the allotted time. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
Prepare your strategy for dealing with Q&A. Do not talk over your team mates!
Tie up lose ends! Build on feedback from December and show to the judges that you have addressed and resolved problems.