A warm welcome to the class of 2018-2019!
I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow 28 September, to start an exciting journey of design and entrepreneurship. I hope you will have an enjoyable and rewarding experience throughout the module.
In this module, you will learn design thinking as a creative approach to start-up your business. By putting design thinking into practice, you will undertake all stages required to bring an innovative product or service to the market.
This is a challenging yet rewarding module, based on real-world experience (rather than simulation) of design and enterprise. You will also have the chance to take part in high-profile competitions for young entrepreneurs!
Are you ready to design your business?
See you tomorrow!
Alice (on behalf of the Teaching Team)
Last week was an intense week of learning and teaching with the Final Dragons’ Den, the Young Enterprise Pitching Competition and finally the Eden Walk Shopping Centre Trade Fair! Our teams have survived the Den, have pitched in front of 12 Judges, and have eventually braved the elements – enduring freezing temperatures and selling under the snow in Eden Walk.
So who’s the winner? Or who are the winners? It’s now time for our teams to bring their products (or services) to Penrhyn Road for a final Trade Fair, and to celebrate their Enterprises at the Awards Ceremony. Do not miss this big event! Just have a look at the programme for the today.
As we are getting ready for Celebrate Enterprise, here’s some pics and tweets from last week:
Team One Minute
Team Global Song
Good luck to all teams for tomorrow’s Final Dragons Den!
FRIDAY, 16 March 2018, Kingston Business School
14:30 – 17:30 TEAM PRESENTATIONS
18:00 – 19:30 PITCHING COMPETITION
You will deliver your team presentation in your assigned slot (see Canvas); and you will then attend the pitching competition (18.00-19.30).
- The presentation is part of your group assignment (see module handbook for details).
- You will have 6 mins. for your presentation + 10 mins. to answer questions from the Judges.
- You only need to attend your presentation slot (see Canvas).
- Send me your presentation BY 10:00 AM on Friday 16 March. All presentations will be loaded from USB sticks that I give to the Judges. This will enable us to stay on schedule, and to avoid technical problems.
- Bring a back-up copy on a USB stick with you. You will be able to use it if something goes wrong with the copy given to the Judges.
- By now you should have submitted your business report in Canvas!
- Bring a printed copy of your business reports (in color, bound or stapled) to give to the Judges just before your presentation (1 report per team).
If selected for the pitching competition, your team will deliver a 2-minutes elevator pitch in front of everybody, and answer 2 questions from the Judges (check all details in Canvas).